We believe that recruiters and students come together most effectually when an employer comes to campus to conduct interviews or host information sessions.
The University of Mississippi Career Center’s Handshake site uses CSO software to facilitate and advertise these on-campus events. The Recruiting Coordinator sets up all approved events in Handshake allowing all registered students to sign up online. The Recruiting Coordinator will keep the employer informed of the recruiting process.
Our Recruiting Coordinator will approve pending request/ events in Handshake. This will allow all registered students to sign up online for jobs and interview opportunities. The Recruiting Coordinator will be the primary contact person for all on campus event arrangements for employers and students.
To begin using Handshake you will need an account:
- To register for Handshake, please go to www.joinhandshake.com , click on Employer Login Link and register your company by providing the requested information. Once you have submitted your company’s profile, the approval process could take up to 24 Hours.
- If you already have an account in Handshake, simply go to www.joinhandshake.com, click on Employer Login and enter your username and password information.
If you should have any questions, please contact us at 662-915-7174 or e-mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to assist you.
Once again, thank you for considering our students.
• Employers are encouraged to work with the Recruiting Coordinator to schedule an info session prior to their on-campus interview date.
• To conduct on-campus interviews, the process usually takes a minimum of 2-4 weeks from the time the position is posted until the actual interview date.
• Employers may choose to conduct:
Open Interviews: post an announcement, and interview all candidates that sign up for an interview slot within the 2 week time frame
Pre-select Interviews: post an announcement, collect student resumes, pre-select the students you are interested in interviewing, and interview all pre-selected candidates that have signed up for an interview within the allotted time frame
Or create a Resume Drop: post an announcement, collect resumes over a specified time period, and receive a bundle of all resumes in PDF format once the resume collection period has expired
• Interviews take place in the Career Center between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Recruiting begins mid-September and concludes early December for the fall term and begins early February and ends late April for spring term.
• It is helpful to have job descriptions ready as soon as possible to begin the recruiting process.
• To schedule an on-campus recruiting date, contact Christy Wright, Recruiting Coordinator, at 662-915-7174.